Old 23-03-2008, 03:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OhioGuy OhioGuy is offline

Default Need Pepper suggestions for this year

I grew up in a family that doesn't like much of anything spicy, so as you
might imagine, we didn't grow many peppers. I remember growing sweet bell
peppers once.

Over the past few years, though, I have developed a taste for some really,
really mild jalapeno peppers at the store. Most of the varieties I've tried
that say mild are still way too hot for me, and I know to stay far away from
anything that says medium.

Anyway, I'm interested in growing 1 sweet, and 1 very mild pepper variety
this year. I'm hoping to find something that is known to be prolific,
because the few times I've tried growing peppers, I rarely get more than
half a dozen peppers per plant.

I'm looking for something that has smaller peppers, but many of them. I'd
like something sweet to add to salads, and something with a very, VERY tiny
bit of mild spice to use with cheese, nachos, as pizza toppings, etc. (maybe
even pickling)

Can anyone make some suggestions? Thanks!