Old 22-03-2008, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default Elderberry hedge - O.T.

"Mr X" wrote in message
. uk...

snip

Well I'm not much of a gardener but I thought Id get a quick screen from
elderberry and I love elderberry juice. I would be interested in any
better suggestions. I just need a bit of fast growing privacy in my tiny
gardern.

What do you do with elderberry juice, aside from mashing them to make wine?
How do you process elderberries?

I'd love to know as we have so many trees around us and if I knew what to do
with the berries (aside from making wine), I'd try it. I tried jam once but
needed to add pectin.

Please post how to make juice, I had never considered it because they're
quite, erm, tart, aren't they?

someone