Old 23-03-2008, 12:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default ZooPoo

On 23/3/08 00:09, in article , "Alan"
wrote:

In message , Sacha
wrote
For those living in the west country this was very popular with our
customers last year. It's a brilliant idea.
http://www.ecosci.co.uk/zoopoo.php
I wonder if other zoos around the country have a similar arrangement. I see
Coblands Nurseries stocks it in the south east.

There is nothing magic about the dung that originates from a zoo except
perhaps the unprocessed shit that comes from one of the large
carnivores which may keep domestic cats out your garden.

"Zoo Poo

This premium product is produced through co-composting with garden waste
specially selected manure collected from the world-famous Paignton Zoo. Due
to the animalsą rich diet of plant, vegetables and fruit, Zoo Poo Compost
contains valuable trace elements and nutrients that provide a natural and
stimulating boost to plant development. As with West Country Compost, the
process of composting is carefully monitored and stringently controlled to
produce an odour-free final product.

Paignton Zoo Poo is ideal for:
€ Growing vegetables and soft fruits
€ Planting of trees, flowers and shrubs
€ Herb gardens
€ Turf laying and care of lawns
€ Forking into or top dressing flower beds"
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk