Old 22-03-2008, 10:54 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Natural Swimming Pools/Ponds

we arent talking about getting a little sick, we are talking about kids dying from
microbes. especially in the south. most of those hit on by alligators dont die of
the bites, they die from aeromonas and other microbes in the "greenish" water.
our hot spa was fine just using an ozonator, but then it was only us in the water.
the minute you start inviting other people in there can be problems. Ingrid

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:47:09 EDT, Derek Broughton wrote:
Is this what America's come to? No, not using chlorine doesn't mean that
your pond will be clean, but getting legal advice before swimming??? I'd
trust a well filtered semi-natural pond before most public beaches... but
then, these days, most public beaches are closed every summer because of
coliform issues.