Old 23-03-2008, 12:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default eliminating weeds in mulch

"symplastless" expounded:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 22:45:45 -0400, "symplastless"
wrote:

If the weed mat does not work then why spend the money?

The weed mat does work in most instances, but birds still poop out
seeds and seeds still travel by air, and by wind and they work their
way into the humusy layer of the mulch and germinate. Let it go
aleady. You are wrong, so just let it go.

Let what go? Where in nature is it natural for the separation of cellulose
and soil as with weed mat? Why mulch? I.e., if its such a problem for you.
You treat trees with pesticides, kill plants with herbicides. And if they
work, why do you still have the same problems?

I will tell you exactly why with lucidity. IGNORANCE OFF TREE BIOLOGY!
LACK OF COMMON SENSE (Which I as well, also suffer from)!

You are totally off your rocker on this one, even moreso than usual.
If you can't understand the fact that seeds fall onto a mulch layer
and germinate then you are the ignorant one. Even your precious trees
do the same thing.

I just stir the mulch occasionally. There is no such thing as
weedfree, various methods just take different levels of effort.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts