Old 23-03-2008, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default ZooPoo

On 23/3/08 14:02, in article ,
"Robert (Plymouth)" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

snip

Have you asked them if they'll deliver you a pallet load, then you could
sell it on to your fellow allotment holders! One pallet = 44 x 50 litre
bags. I thought of you the other day. We went to Plymouth and drove past
the allotments opposite the estuary, on the Sainsbury to City Centre road.

Oh yes I pass those occasionally as I sometimes go that way to the animal
sanctuary for dog walking
www.theonly.net/woodside . Did you know that a few
years ago those allotments had their soil completely replaced when they
found toxic metal residues in the previous soil?

Euugggh. No, I didn't know that!

In the past I emailed the company about prices of different size loads and
they never reply ... and I forget all about it. Maybe I'll ring them for
next autumn.

Their email address is
I'd like to offer to order a pallet for you to be brought here but unless
you have a forklift truck driver handy and a lorry, it won't help you much.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk