Old 23-03-2008, 09:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
paghat[_2_] paghat[_2_] is offline

Default Newbie questions about pruning privet hedge

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
"symplastless" wrote:

I am working on the three day deal. Your comments will be taken into
consideration.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

John, your stress is palpable. You are making simple reading mistakes. We
don't know what is going on with you, but you seem to care, and we don't
doubt your wanting to help.

Well i certainly doubt "wanting to help" explains persistent irrational
claims of expertise. If someone pretends to be a doctor and attempts to
give medical advice, that's overtly harmful and dangerous, also crazy if
the chap believes he's really a doctor. So too giving oneself all sorts of
biology and arborist and forestry titles without any license or education
to back that up is just a tad loony.

So I rather suspect a mental disorder born of justifiably low self esteem
having given rise to a desire to be regarded as "the" expert without the
wherewithal to first obtain any expertise. We all tend to feel transiently
expert in any topic for which we just finished reading and enjoying one
book. The sane don't persist for years and years in advertising such
expertise without basis in reality.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website: