Old 24-03-2008, 01:54 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Newbie questions about pruning privet hedge

"D. Staples" wrote in message

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 21:29:11 -0400, "symplastless"
wrote:

Now you add educated but still have not told me what you mean when you
say
forester? What specifically do you do that helps a forest?

Far as I can see, here is the list:

# Timber and Land Appraisal

CUT
# Timber and Land Sales

CUT
# Timber Marketing

CUT
# Estimates of Timber Volume

CUT
# Boundary Line Maintenance

CUT
# Land Acquisition and Sales

CUT
# Salvage And Restoration

CUT CUT
# Management Plans

CUT
# Forest Resource Studies

Please define forest.

# Soil Mapping

You got me on this one. Let me guess, another CUT.

# Urban Forestry

Please define forest.

# Wildlife Management

CUT
# Precommercial Thinnings

CUT

# Long-Term Forest Management

Please define forest.

# Lease Management

CUT
# Litigation - Expert Witness

TO CUT
# Assistance In Vendor Location And Supervision

CUT
# Ad Valorem Tax Assistance

??????????????????

What part of it don't you comprehend?

What he does besides cut the wood out of once fertile forest - tree farming
CUT

Where tree biology falls into the picture.

Every where, unlike you, I have the education, and the experience. What
do you have, deadwood?

An uderstanding of tree biology for starters.

If you understand tree biology than please explain why the only treatment
you offer is cutting out the wood?

How do you help forest with respect to the ecological stages of trees and
things like fungi diversity? Please comment.

Do you use a SHIGOMETER and if not why not?

You have fancy names but have yet to even define what you mean when you say
"forest"? What is a forest to you besides future tree farms to get the wood
out?

You say soil mapping? What is the optimum fertility levels for Eastern
hemlock. Or in Texas, what is the optimum fertility level for live oaks?

What is an urban forest? Please define what you mean when you say forest.

How do you manage wildlife? By helping people not miss the opportunity to
salvage the wood from the wildlife. You are a taker.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.