Old 24-03-2008, 01:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Wanted: Gypsy pepper seeds - offering trades

OhioGuy wrote:
Gypsy is available almost everywhere online and costs about $2 a packet.
Splurge.

I've already placed my seed order this year, at a place that unfortunately
didn't carry Gypsy, but had everything else I wanted. I've also checked
locally, but haven't found it.

I have found a few places online that carry Gypsy, but it is $3 a packet
or more, plus about $5 in shipping/handling. I just can't bring myself to
pay $8 when I only want 2-3 plants total for my garden.

That's why I got on here asking if anyone would be interested in doing a
trade. I'd much rather avoid an artificially high shipping/handling cost
AND help someone with a trade at the same time. Anyone interested? I grew
up doing seed trades all the time, and was hoping that folks on here still
did that.

If I had some seeds, I'd send them to you. But "Gypsy" is an F1 hybrid,
so it won't come true from seeds. I often save the seeds from hybrids
anyway and the offspring is usually good and *resembles* the parent
variety, but it's seldom the same.

Just thought I'd warn you about the hybrid thing,
Bob