Old 25-03-2008, 01:57 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Tomato Starting Discussion

I start tomatoes in clean yogurt cups, the kind with a plastic
lid. I use Supersoil. Put the lid on and set them on top of the
refrig. where it is nice and warm. When germinated, they go
onto the bookcase top in the south bedroom window where it
is nice and sunny. The cups are set in an old photographic
developing tray (yard sale: 25 cents)
When large enough plants are transplanted into 4 inch pots
which are set on trays (old cafeteria trays, yard sale 10 cents)
When its warm enough outside trays are carried out and put
in the sun on the patio table.
When nights are warm, they stay out under the patio roof in
case of a late frost.
They are just about ready to be planted out.
Emilie
NorCal