Old 25-03-2008, 02:08 AM posted to rec.gardens
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default Do you talk to your plants?

"ebrad" wrote in message

I just recently listened to a Youtube education series about the study
of plant communication. Just wonder if any of you have experienced a
similar thing. Info below:

Depends on what you mean by "similar".

I talk when I am working. Not a constant jabber but more an incisive remark
from time to time. Like when you are threading a new drive belt over the
pulleys of your ride-on mower, the third time you catch your index finger
under the belt and then it slips off the pulley again you yell at it to "stay
the %6& where I put you!" and generally it does.

Or the bottle-raised bubble-headed chestnut arab that has just nudged me again
(cause he wants to play) and nearly knocked me off my feet, well then I think
really evil thoughts and he backs right off. He is a telpathic horse you see,
his sensitive nature is repelled by the negative vibrations.

It's the same with Jed the red kelpie. He is a dog with the second sight. He
knows in advance when we are going out. As departure time draws nearer he
will get more and more agitated and he will spend more time near the door,
when you open the door he bolts out to the car and waits to be let in. I have
proved this by opening the door at other times, say to go to the shed or turn
off the irrigation and he doesn't get nearly so wound up, but sedately heads
out with me to check that I am doing it right. He can sense the presence of a
naked sausage from the other end of the house too. This must be a very exotic
psychic force as the house frame is steel and it would filter out
electromagnetic radiation.

So I wouldn't be amazed to learn that plants have psychic powers too and that
talking to them will make them happy.

This does bring up issues with diet. Vegetarians claim the moral high ground
over meat eaters. However carnivores rarely eat their diner alive but
herbivores do it all the time! Think of the bad karma that you get every time
you bite into a freshly pulled peach or slice a living cabbage! This is the
origin of saying grace before a meal (before the Christians coopted the ritual
as they did with so many other pagan ceremonies). You are apologising to the
carrots before you snuff out their tiny turn on the wheel of life.

Cleve Backster is apparently a man of extraordinary talent who is not afraid
to allow his conclusions to follow where ever the data leads. He reminds me
of Sigfreid the vet in _All Creatures Great and Small_ who proclaimed cogently
that "there is much good information to be discovered up a cow's arse".

David