Old 25-03-2008, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
OG OG is offline

Default OT calling any French residents

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
Broadback says...
Sorry about the OT posting, but I know a few French residents post here
and I would like a little information.
The EU have brought in another stupid regulation that buses traveling
over 30 miles must stop at 30 miles, remove all passengers then can
reload and resume their journey. One very negative effect of this is
that in Wales hitherto community buses that travel over 30 miles have
shortened their journeys by using main roads and bypasses, as a result a
number of small communities no longer have a bus service.
Does this rule applied in France?

First I've heard about it. Sounds more like a posting for
1st of April to me :-)

A quick bit of googling suggests that since 1st Jan buses operating on
routes in excess of 30 miles must be fitted with a tachograph and ensure
that drivers take adequate breaks. No problem there, it's only what coach
operators already have to observe; but skinflint bus companies don't want
to play ball, so they terminate services or force passengers to get off as
described

Complain to the bus company.

And complain to the Sun, Telegraph, Mail etc. for not explaining the facts
behind the case.