Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Babberney

Default Any Indestructible hand tools?

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002 21:36:44 -0600, (Joe Doe)
wrote: Lastly, they
seem to think replacing handles is no big deal and should be expected. I
still have a problem accepting this: For example a cheapish shovel at HD
is $12. A replacement handle is $8. So being lazy, obviously I am simply
going to buy a new shovel. Something in me militates against treating
everything as disposable.
Roland

You have to choose: be lazy, and treat everything as disposable. Or,
be proactive, and repair even though it's easier to replace. The
attitude you describe is precisely why so many things are now
available only as cheap knock-offs. Be part of the solution or you
are the problem.

For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit
http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.../consumer.html