Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
cat daddy

Default Composting questions

"animaux" wrote in message
On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 10:51:30 -0600, "cat daddy"

wrote:

That's what I've always done in the past; just seasonal additions to

the
pile and rarely turning it. In the Spring, I rake out the "not-yet-done"
part, incorporate grass clippings and sift and spread the rest. But, my
neighbour was delivering a dozen bags of leaves a week for a while, and I
decided to speed up the process. I was in danger of overflowing the

compost
heap.
I will be cussing the luck when I have to wheelbarrow the stuff around
the yard in a couple of months..............

I just don't seem to hit it right this year. Either nobody is raking

around
here, or the trucks are picking up the bags before I get to them. Maybe

I'll go
into town where raking seems more prevalent. If you have too many, and

the
leaves are not maple, you can use it to mulch your garden. Maple mats

down and
is hard to penetrate air or water.

I kept hitting it right this year and still drove wistfully by lovely
packaged clippings and leaves. There are still three huge bags of halfway
composted stuff that are so heavy I can barely lift them, two blocks away.
An empty house across the street has thick St. Augustine that needs mulch
mowing as a favour........... }:-)