Old 26-03-2008, 09:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default OT calling any French residents

In message , Charlie
Pridham writes
In article ,
says...
Broadback says...
Sorry about the OT posting, but I know a few French residents post here
and I would like a little information.
The EU have brought in another stupid regulation that buses traveling
over 30 miles must stop at 30 miles, remove all passengers then can
reload and resume their journey. One very negative effect of this is
that in Wales hitherto community buses that travel over 30 miles have
shortened their journeys by using main roads and bypasses, as a result a
number of small communities no longer have a bus service.

Sounds like the sort of thing that a letter to your local MP with copy
to the local press and TV station will work wonders on.

Almost certainly the fault lies with Whitehall producing a gold plated
completely insane version of whatever Brussels actually specified.

Does this rule applied in France?

Even if it did do you really think they would follow it or enforce it?

First I've heard about it. Sounds more like a posting for
1st of April to me :-)

No its true and causing problems in Cornwall too, people are having to
buy three separate tickets for one jurney and get off the bus, they then
get straight back on with the same driver and continue - daft

Time to write to your MP. That is what they are there for.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown