Old 26-03-2008, 05:50 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Damping off

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 09:46:56 -0700, Billy wrote:

Fish emulsioned seedlings two days ago, based on some knuckle-head's
advice. I now have mold everywhere.

Ahem.....you need to be more specific....of which knuckle-head speak
ye? I recall two knuckle-heads stating they do this.

Are you positive it is the fish sauce causing this? I introduced some
really nasty mold one year by using perlite that had been stored in my
son's basement and I didn't sterilize it.

Charlie, Knuckle-Head #1 or #2?

What really surprises me is that no one caught this gaff.

http://www.gardenersnet.com/atoz/dampingoff.htm
Did you know? Nitrogen in your fertilizer can promote rapid growth of
Damping Off Disease.

I'm not saying it was the fertilizer. It could have been any number of
things. I'm just doin' same ol', same ol', like I always do, and then
the little fungoids decided to throw a block party in the middle of my
germination trays. Never had this problem before. Hope to never have it
again. If I had known that germinating was such a sterility hassle, I
would have bought the plants and spent my time makin' beer. At least
with beer I'd expect problems.

As far as the knuckle-heads, I ain't gonna make 'em famous by martyring
'em. 'Nuff said.

At least the plants were about ready for larger quarters. I gotta go
re-pot.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/