Old 26-03-2008, 09:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Diego Diego is offline

Default Are there plants specifically used to create wind protection?

Hi all,

I would like to plant an ornamental cherry tree in the middle of my
garden -- problem is, it gets rather windy and I read that wind will
cause the petals of the flowers to simply wash away..

I would really like some advise on how to stop the wind from coming
through, or if, in fact, the plant will be able to tolerate windy
weather.

I'm in Zone 3 though in summer it gets really hot and dry .. With
weeks without rain.. And in winter we get considerable frosts in the
mornings ..
(Melbourne, Australia, to be specific)..

Thanks for your help,

D.