Old 26-03-2008, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT calling any French residents

On Mar 26, 12:29 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 26/3/08 11:51, in article ,

"Charlie Pridham" wrote:
In article da993a0a-a8e8-4364-a8b4-
,
says...
On Mar 25, 10:45 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 25/3/08 22:17, in article
, "Judith

in France" wrote:
On Mar 25, 8:32 pm, Emery Davis wrote:
Broadback wrote:
Sorry about the OT posting, but I know a few French residents post here
and I would like a little information.
The EU have brought in another stupid regulation that buses traveling
over 30 miles must stop at 30 miles, remove all passengers then can
reload and resume their journey. One very negative effect of this is
that in Wales hitherto community buses that travel over 30 miles have
shortened their journeys by using main roads and bypasses, as a result a
number of small communities no longer have a bus service.
Does this rule applied in France?

No public buses around here!

But the school bus trips certainly don't follow this rule. AFAIK the
only rule is
"Tous les deux heures la pause d'impose." Drivers are required to take
a 15 minute
break for every 2 hours of driving. Not a bad idea IMHO!

-E

Hi Emery, how are you? It's a mild night in the Auvergne, tomorrow I
will sow my Wisteria seeds, I'm wondering whether I should soak them
first as they are quite large and very hard!!!!

Judith

Have to ask why you're sowing seeds, Judith? AIUI, Wisteria can take around
18 years to flower if grown this way and can be extremely variable as to
quality. They can take about 8 years to flower if grown from cuttings. The
grafted ones are much more reliable because you can and should, see them in
flower before buying and of course, they're ready to flower and grow
immediately.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

Gulp!!! Guess who will be going to visit the nearest nursery soon.
Many thanks Sacha.

Although I agree with Sach on seedlings I find cuttings flower from day
one, indeed I have just been removing flowers from this years rooted
cuttings. If you dont you end up with flowers 3 x the size of the plant
dragging on the ground (and its a waste of energy) but nearly all
wisteria is grafted and this way you do get a much bigger plant as the
cuttings take longer to get going, but size for size I have never seen a
difference.

You and your Green Thumb! ;-) Most people seem to complain their wisteria
hasn't flowered - ever. It turns out to be a non-grafted one.

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
children.'

Charlie's green thumb is legendary!!!! Mine is improving bit by bit
each year but I am not in the class or anywhere near it of the
majority of posters here.

Judith