Old 26-03-2008, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default OT calling any French residents

On 26/3/08 15:25, in article
, "Judith
in France" wrote:

On Mar 26, 11:49 am, Sacha wrote:
On 26/3/08 10:54, in article
, "Judith

in France" wrote:
On Mar 26, 9:17 am, Sacha wrote:
On 25/3/08 21:55, in article , "Emery

Davis" wrote:

snip

I'm with Sacha on the Wisteria seeds. Plus, not a very expensive plant
grafted.
I have 3 that I hack at a few times a year. I really like the flowers,
but lots of
time spent on the ladder. I actually fell off while cutting one back a
few years ago,
but luckily landed well and suffered nothing worse than some temporary
spine
compression. Now I'm a little more careful!

cheers,

-E

You could try growing one as a standard, Emery. They look really pretty
swooping down onto the lawn as they mature. Some people train them over a
stake with three or four 'arms' to it, others just stake them and leave
them
to do their own thing.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

I like the standard idea Sacha and it's one I shall copy.

Judith

It's really effective and unusual, so it's a bit of an eye catcher. They
all look pretty grown this way but because they're drooping towards the
ground, don't grow a white one anywhere the mud will splash up onto it!
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
children.'

Any tips Sacha on how high/size of suppost etc?

Judith

Up to the individual but I should think ours is about 5'.