Old 26-03-2008, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default OT calling any French residents

In article ,
Sacha writes:

| Well, of course, the higher the pole, the longer it will take for the
| Wisteria to do its 'sweeping to the ground' thing! And of course, wind
| knocking it over if it's too high has to be taken in account. Personally,
| I'd say 5'. Much lower than that and you might as well let it just scramble
| through a bed on its own.

I have seen pictures of ones about 3' high on a patio, and they looked
fine. But they were very carefully pruned to flower from near the top.
But I am not disagreeing that 5' is a very good height for one!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.