Old 27-03-2008, 01:18 AM posted to rec.gardens
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default Topsy Turvy planters

I am new here. I see a few familiar monikers. I was given of the Topsy
Turvy planters recently. I did some research and people have had some bad
luck with these. I live in SoCal and I am not sure what growing region that
is. I think I will grow tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. What has been
people's experience with these?

Also, I am thinking I will install some drippers. People say that these
things have to be watered daily. I am pretty bad about remembering to water
plants. So drippers may work. I would just hook them up to my spigot and
then run the tubing along my fascia boards into the planters. Would this
work? How many drops per minute should I aim for. I figure it should use
less water than pouring water into the planters every day.

Paul