Old 26-03-2008, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT calling any French residents

On Mar 26, 4:37 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 26/3/08 16:28, in article , "Nick

Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
Sacha writes:
| On 26/3/08 15:25, in article
| , "Judith
| in France" wrote:
|
| Any tips Sacha on how high/size of suppost etc?
|
| Up to the individual but I should think ours is about 5'.

Below about 3' would look a bit silly, unless it was also dwarfed
(as in bonsai). My guess is that a semi-dwarfed one of 2' would
look OK. Above about 6' is unwieldy.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Well, of course, the higher the pole, the longer it will take for the
Wisteria to do its 'sweeping to the ground' thing! And of course, wind
knocking it over if it's too high has to be taken in account. Personally,
I'd say 5'. Much lower than that and you might as well let it just scramble
through a bed on its own.

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

Thanks Sacha, I will go for 5 ft the same height as me.

Judith