Old 27-03-2008, 09:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Not just Bee's now it is bat's too

In article ,
"J. Clarke" wrote:

I'd hate to be in the position of the poor sod working at Prudhoe Bay
who has to decide "do I shoot the bear and go to jail, or do I die?"

Friend of mine worked on the DEWline. Anybody who thinks that polar
bears need to be a protected species need to listen to some of his
polar bear stories. If they are protected there needs to be a
_strong_ exemption for self-defense, with "bear in sight and looking
hungry" being complete justification.

--

I'd shoot the bear. But and it is a big but we are on their land and
they are helpless when the ice no longer provides a means to find food.

We seem to think every thing revolves about us humans but another but
we are connected in subtle way. Less pollinators = less food something
most folks don't care about. Lot's of annoying things like stinging
insects also polinate.
A perfect safe world aka sterile may be our demise. Look at children
with weak immune systems. Why no contact with death, destruction, decay
etc. Same stuff that my seeds love and need. Go Figure.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA