Old 27-03-2008, 11:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default OT calling any French residents

On 27/3/08 21:01, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:58:52 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On 27/3/08 17:18, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:06:58 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On 27/3/08 16:49, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On 27 Mar 2008 16:16:32 GMT,
(Nick Maclaren) wrote:

,
| "Martin" wrote:
|
| The reason there is legislation is that workers are obliged to agree
if
they
| want to work.
|
| It's 2008 not 1908 everybody is entitled to a rest of two days a
week.

| I don't think anybody's arguing about that.
| This is a quote from the article and below is the link to the whole
article
| "Bus passengers on some rural routes are being forced off their
vehicles
| part way through their journey because of EU rules.
|
| Legislation forbids bus drivers from travelling for more than 30 miles
in
| one go.

And people are pointing out that article is telling porkies. 'Tain't so.

It is truly amazing that bus companies are still repeating this EU myth, 9
years
after Neil Kinnock tried to put it to rest. Maybe nobody believed him. )

http://ec.europa.eu/unitedkingdom/pr.../myth10_en.htm
Euromyth: Driven crazy by barmy bus driver Brussels ruling
snip

I'll forward that to the local paper and see if they take it up. BTW
Martin, I've emailed you with a request to translate something for me from
Dutch into English. It's a friend of Ray's who's died recently and while
we
can get most of it, there are a few vital words we'd liketo understand! If
you didn't get it, can you email me or tell me here? Many thanks.

Orange thought you were a spammer. I have answered your e-mail.

I've got it and thank you - flowers have been ordered. Myzen thought you
were a spammer, too but your email did get through! Thanks so much for
that.

No problem and thanks for giving us a laugh with the buses. )

Not my laugh though it's interesting the local paper pounced on it so
quickly *and* have found people apparently inconvenienced by whatever IS
going on!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk