Old 28-03-2008, 06:04 AM posted to aus.gardens
YMC[_2_] YMC[_2_] is offline

Default Conifer Pine Mulch

"Luke" blah@blah wrote in message
I think it's more a case where the pine mulch will make the soil more
acidic, whereas a rose prefers a fairly neutral soil around PH 6.5.
Probably composting it is the better idea as I hate seeing mulch go to
waste.

Thanks for that. I think the old guy just wanted to discourage me and take
the mulch away. His quote didn't involve leaving the mulch behind (because
he claimed it was useless).

Another tree cutter suggested putting the mulch onto one section of the
garden which was hidden and let it sit for 4 weeks or so. I've got him to do
the job as he was more helpful and friendly.

I'll probably keep the bulk of the mulch in that section of the garden for
3 - 12 months or so and put a bit of blood and bone and seaweed mix to hurry
up the rotting process.

Thanks all for the advice.