Old 28-03-2008, 02:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Do you talk to your plants?

In article
,
ebrad wrote:

On Mar 25, 8:45*am, Jangchub wrote:
On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 21:27:57 -0700, Billy
wrote:

The other evening, locked in the embrace of a margarita, I noticed that
our oaks where holding up their branches, like supplicating arms,
towards the Sun. Then I realized that all the plants do it. Between the
Sun and a gardener, what better life could there be for a plant? I think
they are on to something.

Yes, and this is the very delusion we fall for...that somehow being a
beloved pet or tree has a great life. *Pets are still animals and
animals life in constant fear, though we don't notice it all the time.
My parrot is always afraid when a large raptor flies over the skylight
and she flys for the hills. *In samsara everything suffers.

I don't think animals fear nearly as much as humans. Fear is a
byproduct of the ego, which I don't think afflict animals, because
they just pee or crap anywhere and don't have any shame for it. Nor do
they have possessions to covet or social status to protect. I think
they may experience some fear, but that could also be their instinct
('spidey senses') telling them to beware of something. Not to get too
Eckhart Tolle

God help us, not another Werner Erhard. Hide your wallets.
on you, but they are probably a lot more in touch with
their intuition and live in complete presence and joy.

It must be nice just to blather on with sophomoric conjectures,
unconstrained by facts.

Just wait here, the folks with pitchforks and torches will be around
anytime now to help you realize you mistakes.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/