Old 28-03-2008, 06:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Manure Question

In article snaHj.24$zb3.11@trnddc01, "Mike" wrote:

"phorbin" wrote in message
In article UVPGj.4748$o35.2698@trnddc07, says...
Too bad the bag doesn't say why you shouldn't plant directly in this

stuff,
rather than have the customer guessing. Well I planted in it!

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3...4641793iq4.jpg

Though it probably would have been better to mix it with half garden

soil.

Thanks for the input.

Nitrogen is your answer and what it can do to the root system.

Plug manure hot into google.

I get what you mean, hot manure would be like bat guano and would burn the
roots.
I don’t think this blend is that hot, though it's a bit sticky and dry
hardens on top.
I also added 27g each per Square foot of Ammonium Phosphate, Sulfur, and
Ironite.

Ammonium Phosphate? Ammonium? You just increased your chances of burning
the roots.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/