Old 28-03-2008, 10:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Compost Question

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 18:41:17 +0000, Lucretian
wrote:

Hi all,

I've got a compost bin and was wondering when I should stop adding to
it so that I can use well-rotted compost on my veg patch next Spring?

It's a plastic dalek-style compost bin, from the council.

Cheers

Lucretian

Next spring? If I waited THAT long, all my compost would disappear! I
have 4 bins going, and recently have shredded last fall's leaves which
already have been decomposing. For your situation, move the contents
to a chicken wire bin and start again. I guess compost happens fast
in east TN.