Old 28-03-2008, 11:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Lawn care 3 step program

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 19:00:59 -0400, "symplastless"
wrote:

To winterize or not to winterize lawn

"Winterize your lawn", the big sign outside the garden store commanded. I've
fed it, watered it, mowed it, raked it and watched a lot of it die away. Now
I'm supposed to winterize it? I hope it's too late. Grass lawns have to be

There are a LOT of products for lawns. Lawn care has a lot to do with
location. Fall fertilization is most important for cool grasses
because the roots grow during the cooler winter months. For my
particular location (e TN) I use organic fertilizers in the spring to
avoid burning the grass--we can have brutal harsh dry hot long
summers. (I hate summer in TN!)