Old 28-03-2008, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Newbie

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 20:05:47 +0000, may
wrote:

one clematis that i got last year was one called JOHN TREASURE i
really had to search for this one , i am trying to get clematis which
have the names of family members close to me . my husbands name is John
and he really is a treasure, so that name appealed to me .

Hello May
I loved your clematis photos.
I see you have John Treasure. Not sure where you found it but do you
realise that he was a clematis breeder, and his garden centre is
called Treasures of Tenbury Wells in Worcestershire. I visited once
and the plant centre had loads of clematis. You could get a
catalogue.
When we were there we got chatting to the head gardener, and I asked
if John Treasure was still around. "Yes he's just over there under a
stone in the graveyard" was the reply!
I'd seen the man on TV, with Geoff Hamilton, and knew he would be
quite an age if still alive!

Pam in Bristol