Old 29-03-2008, 01:11 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default pond filter size question

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 22:11:02 EDT, "mjl" wrote:

I have a 2500 gallon pond and need a new filter. I have about 12 good sized
koi in the pond. I am thinking about getting a tetra pressurized filter. I
see they have a 2500 gallon and a 4,000 gallon filter. would I be better off
getting the 4000 gallon filter even though it is a 2500 gallon pond because
of the amount of fish in the pond?Any suggestions or advice is greatly
appreciated.I saw a filter called aquaciara that lights up when it needs
to be cleaned. Is anyone familiar with that brand or knows of another brand
that lights up when it needs to be cleaned , and if so, would you recommend
them. I would rather have one that lights up when they need to be cleaned.
Thanks in advance for any advise......

Always go bigger if you can afford it. Less cleaning that way.

A filter that lights up when it needs cleaning? Cool. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us