Old 29-03-2008, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Linking chicken wire

"AriesVal" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 22:35:29 -0000, Mary Fisher wrote:

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
[10 quoted lines suppressed]

You certainly don't need weldmesh for any chickens. 1" chicken wire is
substantial enough.
[11 quoted lines suppressed]

We cut the mesh and use the protruding ends to link to the rest. We've
done
that for years, simple and doesn't need any more wire and only a pair of
pliers.

Mary
who has chickens
[4 quoted lines suppressed]

Hi Mary, I am getting new hens next month - is there a poultry newsgroup
you can recommend ?

sci.agriculture.poultry has a good mixture of new keepers and professional
ones from all round the world. There's the usual amount of argument too :-)

Mary