Old 29-03-2008, 04:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Peacock Ginger-0231

In article ,
"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote:

Omelet wrote:

Nice ;-) I never did get last years Ginger to bloom. I probably did
not water it enough in the later season.

Thanks, yes they are rather thirsty plants. :-)

Thanks for that, so how often do you water them, and how much?
They started to throw one bloom spike, but it died. :-(

I left most of last years rhizomes in the ground. Just pulled a single
one because I needed it at the moment and was out of frozen.

Mine are "grocery store" ginger.

Peace! Om

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. They have never
forgotten this." - Heinlein