Old 30-03-2008, 02:18 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default pond filter size question

"mjl" wrote in message
. ..
I have a 2500 gallon pond and need a new filter. I have about 12 good sized
koi in the pond. I am thinking about getting a tetra pressurized filter. I
see they have a 2500 gallon and a 4,000 gallon filter. would I be better
off getting the 4000 gallon filter even though it is a 2500 gallon pond
because of the amount of fish in the pond?Any suggestions or advice is
greatly appreciated.I saw a filter called aquaciara that lights up when
it needs to be cleaned. Is anyone fimiliar with that brand or knows of
another brand that lights up when it needs to be cleaned , and if so, would
you recommend them. I would rather have one that lights up when they need
to be cleaned. Thanks in advance for any advise......

You can never have a too big filter I have heard again and again. I have a
regular Tetra filter plus a 40g plant filter on my 2000g pond. I have about
12 close-to-adult koi in there also, but two sides are loaded with plants
for more filtration and decoration.

Mine don't light up when the pad needs cleaning, the water starts going
through slower.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.