Old 30-03-2008, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eddy Eddy is offline

Default My New Zealand photos.

George.com wrote:
We can also still get jubes, wine gums, topsies, pebbles & smarties, though
not in 10 cent mixtures any more. Hard case eh. The cookie bear seems to
have carked it mind. Ches n dale, those blokes have also shot through. I
have not seen tingles last time I had a squiz in the dairy. That was yonks
ago mind. Might still be able to get some if you have a good root around.

Yikes, thing HAVE changed! I've heard the exasperated expression "Who
do you have to ***** for a drink in this place!" . . . but in order to
get a little paper bag of tingles, Rob? (I'm presuming that the main
meanings of the verb to root in NZ and in the UK are still quite
remarkably different . . . and so let's not go any further on this this
one! :-) - particularly in a group meant for discussing good things
to do in the garden! :-)

Eddy.