Old 30-03-2008, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Linking chicken wire

In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given writes:
| "TC" wrote in message
|
| I've been told that some animals can bite through chicken wire
|
| Foxes round here will get through it. They must rake it repeatedly with
| their claws till it breaks. they certainly have managed to break into my
| outer pen on multiple occasions.

What gauge? Chicken wire comes from gauges that I can tear with only
gloved hands up to stuff that I need wire-cutters for.

A mistake that people may be making is to use the very lightweight
stuff designs to keep part-grown chicks in as a fox barrier. I can
easily see that won't work.

And are you sure that it is foxes and not badgers making the initial
entry? Badgers like eggs, after all :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.