Old 30-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Bootfit Bootfit is offline
Registered User

Default Murky pond...

Hello all - first post here.

We moved into our first home in September last year and have inherrited a pond in the back garden that is about 2m x 3m. It has a dead looking lilly pad, a load of pond-type water plants, a few frogs and a fair few fish.

For the past 5 months the water has been clear but the last month it has gone really murky with brown/fury sludge appearing on the rocks. There is also some foam/bubbles appearing where the water from the pump flows back into the pond. There is also a shed load of frog spawn.

I cleaned the pond filter in january and I also removed loads of the pond-type water plants - will this be the reason for the watern being cloudy now?

I've done a course of Interpet Pond Health Test Kit with all results coming back normal and I've done a course of Interpet Pond Balance (clears blanket weed) all to no availe.

I also found a pooly fish a week or so ago tha looks like it's fins and gills had some sort of fungus infection that killed it.

Can anyone help with clearing the water and getting the pond back to a healthy balance agin - we'd like to keep it as we want to encourage more wildlife into the garden.

Thanks.