Old 30-03-2008, 04:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Paul E. Lehmann[_2_] Paul E. Lehmann[_2_] is offline

Default Damn rabbits!

zxcvbob wrote:

I just got out to the garden today for the first
time this year, and there were rabbit turds
everywhere -- and both my bush cherries were
eaten all the way to the ground. A few bottom
limbs on the apple tree were stripped of all
bark.

I don't care about the apple tree because those
limbs were too low and I
was gonna prune them off anyway. But the
cherries really ****es me off.
I assume they will come back up but there will
be no cherries this
year (the plants are 2 years old) But who
knows, they might be dead. I gotta remember to
put a hardware cloth cage around them next fall.
Maybe I should do it tomorrow...

Bob

The thing that worked for me is a roll of chicken
wire cut into lengths that could be rolled to
form a cylinder of the diameter you desire and
simply bend the ends together. It is relative
cheap and can be reused when and where needed.
The last couple years a fox has moved into the
area - no more rabbits around anymore - he (or
she) is a rather plump fox.