Old 30-03-2008, 07:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Myrl Myrl is offline

Default Do you talk to your plants?

On Mar 24, 8:49*am, mor wrote:
ebrad;780349 Wrote:

I just recently listened to a Youtube education series about the study
of plant communication. *Just wonder if any of you have experienced a
similar thing. Info below:

PLANT COMMUNICATION

An expert in the polygraph and biocommunication, Cleve Backster
related details of his research into electrical responses in plant
life. His studies indicate that plants can sense human intent in a
kind of "primary perception" that he compared to ESP. For instance, in
experiments with bean sprouts --one group of sprouts was praised, the
second group ignored, and the third sent negative thoughts-- the
praised group grew much faster, he reported.

An experimenter can influence the results of a study. The studies
which showed plants preferred classical music might've been the result
of experimenter bias against rock music, he said. Backster's first
plant experiment took place in 1966, and he's now spent over 40 years
on this type of research, which he conducts out of a former DEA lab in
San Diego, in an under-funded fashion.

He also discussed his work with the polygraph, and noted that newer
polygraph equipment incorporates the use of a camera in its readouts.

Cleve Backster is the founder of the Backster Research Foundation and
currently teaches at the Backster School of Lie-Detection. He is also
on the teaching faculty at the California Institute for Human Science
and serves on the advisory board at the Institute of HeartMath.

Cleve is an international speaker on the subject of Biocommunication
and has been a professional observer of human psycho-physiological
tracings since 1948. Since 1966, Cleve has conducted extensive
research related to observed electrical responses in plant life and at
a cellular level in other living organisms. His research into what has
been called "The Backster Effect" has attracted world-wide attention.

http://tinyurl.com/2c8m7s

no . l donot talk to my plant. l have heard some people say its good to
do. some say it help the plants grow.

--
mor- Hide quoted text -

I've wondered if the reason plants may respond to our talking to them,
is because of the carbon dioxide in our breath that they may need???

It might help to brush our teeth and gargle first, however;-)

Myrl Jeffcoat