Old 30-03-2008, 03:25 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default pond filter size question

And with plants that grow tall rather than low and wide, the veggie filter doesnt
even need to be that big. The waste from 22 fish in my pond is completely handled by
a couple plants. In Jo Ann's case, a single (altho rather large) water celery was
removing all the wastes from her very large pond (until it was hit by nutria). Ingrid

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 22:55:24 EDT, Phyllis and Jim wrote:
Our pond is about 12 x 22for about 250 sq ft of surface. The 10% rule of thumb calls for 25 sqft of filter..

The veggie filters have 99 sq ft of surface (37% ofthe pond),