Old 30-03-2008, 11:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default pond filter size question

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:25:11 EDT, wrote:

And with plants that grow tall rather than low and wide, the veggie filter doesnt
even need to be that big. The waste from 22 fish in my pond is completely handled by
a couple plants. In Jo Ann's case, a single (altho rather large) water celery was
removing all the wastes from her very large pond (until it was hit by nutria). Ingrid

Jim & Ingrid,

But you'd still advocate for water change outs I assume? I would, here the
water change outs keep our buffering up. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:
www.jjspond.us