Old 31-03-2008, 05:54 AM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Nettle? Thistle? Near Corsicana, Texas

In article ,
Paul wrote:

I found about 20 of these plants in a cow pasture just east of
Chatfield, Tx.
They look rather formidable with spines and striped leaves.
They did not have any flowers and I looked at all the Texas plant
websites that
I know of without any luck.
Perhaps someone can ID these for me?

Small pics web page:
http://home.comcast.net/~pyats/site/
Large pics:
http://home.comcast.net/~pyats/site/?/photos/

Milk Thistle!

Highly nutritious, very edible.
If those seed, can you send me some please?
I've not seen it around here for years!
I want to cultivate it.

It's also a liver function booster. Milk thistle capsules are good to
take if you drink alcohol on a regular basis.

Peace! Om

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. They have never
forgotten this." - Heinlein