Old 31-03-2008, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default Build your own waterfall?

On 31 Mar, 06:24, wrote:
On Mar 31, 2:54 am, Matty F wrote:

On Mar 31, 12:15 pm, Martin Pentreath
wrote:

My idea on building one is to build a steel framed box about 1m high
with a random taper ff each side.
Then to cover this with chicken wire and bend to shape. Once happy, I
can cover with some mortar and rocks.

Why not get a large block of polystyrene foam? Lighter and cheaper
than steel, and it won't go rusty. Hack into the shape you want and
cover with chicken wire and cement.

Martin: Thanks - I had thought of that but thought here might be a
better option. I'll watch that one as well..
Matt: Nice idea. Thanks. Much easier to form and if I don't like the
shape it's easier / cheaper to start again