Old 31-03-2008, 12:05 PM
fmervin fmervin is offline
Registered User

Location: Swindon, UK

Also, since I ran out of miracle-gro organic compost, I purchased organic compost from homebase since it was cheaper. However, I've read from various books that the seeds in the seeding trays should be covered with 6mm of soil. I can never get this right since the soil never passes through the seive. So I manually break the soil in my hands and try coat the seeds. Not sure if this will do. Any ideas?

Also when do I introduce the miracle-gro organic fruit and vegetable plant food? Do I add this once the seedlings appear? I've also added a few mint seeds, do I need to add this plant food for herbs as well?