Old 31-03-2008, 01:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
dwight dwight is offline

Default dog-poop?!?!

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message

snip

Or, you can let your grass grow beyond a 1" manicure. Let the poop dry
for a week and mulch it with the mower.

--
Dave

When we moved further out into the überburbs, we bought a property with a
beautiful back yard. Friends who saw it suggested that I put in a 4-hole
golf course, but I thought the sand traps would probably ruin it.

I keep the mower on the highest setting, which gives the lawn a lush, full
look. I'll cut more often, but I prefer this to the buzz-cut look.

In a cruel twist of O. Henry irony, my wife, gazing out on the wonderfulness
of that back yard, thought we should (finally) get a dog. After much
discussion, we agreed that she would get her dog, and I would get a digital
SLR camera. She came home one day with a Lab mix, and that was the end of my
beautiful back yard.

No, not because the dog poops - she does, but my wife is very good about
picking up after her. It's because the dog loves to run and play, and I
haven't yet taught her to replace her divets, which go flying every time she
makes a tight turn.

I'm going to work long and hard this season to repair that lawn. In
discussing the Meditation Walk (previous thread), I looked back at some of
the photos of the back yard two years ago
(http://www.tfrog93.com/garden/garden1.htm) and remembered how proud I was.
It's possible that I've retreated from that yard, leaving the field of
battle to the dog, and refocused my energies on the Walk as my new digital
photography garden...

dwight
(all desire, no skills)