Old 31-03-2008, 01:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default Guess what this plant is?

On Mar 30, 11:10*pm, K wrote:
"Cat(h)" writes

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 18:52:41 +0100, K wrote:

"Cat(h)" writes
On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:16:27 +0100, K wrote:

"Cat(h)" writes
I'm just wondering whether anyone here can guess what this plant is by
just looking at its flower?
http://i27.tinypic.com/drfbkm.jpg

Sundew (Drosera)?

No.

In that case, it's Venus Fly trap

I'm all disappointed now... I thought this might run for a while :-(

Sorry! You shouldn't choose things I've grown ;-)

I looked at it quickly and thought it looked Malva moschata-like, but
the buds were completely wrong, so I mentally re-sized it downwards and
recognised it instantly as one of my carnivores. *But I haven't *got the
VFT any more and the sundews aren't up at the moment, and googling
didn't seem in the spirit of the question, so I chose the wrong one
first.

That was most sporting of you :-)

Anyway, what a pretty flower for such an ungainly plant!

Ooh, I wouldn't say it was ungainly. But I know what you mean - such
delicate petals compared with such robust leaves.

Ungainly is probably unfair, alright. It's just that, never having
grown one of those, I had no idea what its flowers might possibly look
like, and when this lovely, delicate thing appeared, I was just
enchanted.

Thanks for playing ;-)

Cat(h)