Old 31-03-2008, 07:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default dog-poop?!?!

"clarissa" wrote in message
Hi to all gardeners I have a new neighbour with two dogs - she lets them
run everywhere and lets them poop etc. everywhere. I love dogs - have had
three over a 20 year period and not once have they ever been allowed to
even
go into anyone elses yard (always tied up, which for a dog is a matter of
safety anyway). I am at my wits end and this morning I did something I
may
regret - I took three piles of poopand left them on her sidewalk! I may
end
up in her very bad books but how can someone be so inconsiderate. Does
anyone have any suggestions for the future - as to handling this more
diplomatically. Thanks for any help. Jean

Sometimes you have to be assertive. Do it as nicely as you can. If you
know neighbors, you may ask their advice because you want to address the
problem reasonably. We all have blind spots.

If you are within city limits, I'd be surprised if there aren't leash
laws. Only involve the dog catchers as a last resort. It takes $ to get
them out of the pound. She should have a real steep learning curve. Take
pictures if you can of the act being committed. If this is in the
country, learn to shoot a low velocity air rifle (It's negative
reinforcement for when her dog is on your property. If that doesn't get
her attention, get a high velocity air rifle.). In agricultural areas,
farmers take a dim view of dogs running wild. There must be county laws
against it.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/