Old 31-03-2008, 04:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Orchid Inventory

wrote in message
i never planned on keeping track of the weeds--until a friend of mine
gave me a nice little blank book for xmas one year. i thought, "what
am i going to do with *this*?" and then said "ah ha..."

i note acqusition of the plant (name, nursery, brief description),
when it dies, or when i give it away, when it gets a registered name,
and if i win anything on it. (once, so far. repotting dates are on
plant tags in the pots.

however, i only have about 3 dozen plants, so it's all very casual.

but good points about the conservation issue....

--j_a

It took me a long time to learn not to get more plants than I could take
care of in a reasonable span of time. I probably have too many for my life
right now but of course I can't get rid of *any* of them! So learn from my
mistake. Keep your collection controlled, *G*!

K Barrett