Old 31-03-2008, 04:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] jankey@erols.com is offline

Default Orchid Inventory

On Mar 31, 11:38*am, "K Barrett" wrote:

It took me a long time to learn not to get more plants than I could take
care of in a reasonable span of time. *I probably have too many for my life
right now but of course I can't get rid of *any* of them! *So learn from my
mistake. *Keep your collection controlled, *G*!

it's all in terms of "what will fit on the windowseat?"

but then i have issues like:

went to repot the little encyclia chochleata (from a 2 inch pot into a
yogurt cup); discovered there were *2* plants in there. so now i have
the 2 inch pot AND the yogurt cup.

got a couple sale dens at kensington several yrs ago; they were about
a foot tall. they are now taking over the kitchen. one is about to
bloom on 2 spikes off a 3 foot cane. (but they're so *cute* when
they're little-!)

one of our club members brings in plants covered with keikis to
repot. we end up going home with little bitty plants. some straggle
along--and then there's one like the nobile-type den that may end up
taking over the kitchen one day.

so far it still only takes a couple hours once a week to water them
all in a leisurely fashion; i top off a few in the middle of the
week. this is about as many as i want to handle at the moment. (damn
this full time job anyway....)

--j_a