Old 31-03-2008, 06:49 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default True Temper wheel barrow

Bought one the other day unassembled. There is a cross brace that goes
between the 2 legs that isn't shaped correctly - and the wheel wobbles cause
the axle is too small in diameter. I checked the Home Depot assembled ones
and they are all the same.

I got an argument from customer service so I used the cross brace as is but
the wheel wobble would drive me nuts. I happened to have a small piece of
roof flashing that I had saved - .017 (seventeen thousands) thick. I cut a
small piece to wrap around the axle - and wallah - the wobble is gone. I
called customer service to tell them of the fix but I could tell by the
questions the rep asked that he had very little idea what I was talking
about. I would assume they get calls regularly about the wobble problem -
you would think they would correct it.